Monday 7 November 2011

NaBloPoMo 7 - BritMums Alternate Prompt:

Here we are one week in with National Blog Posting Month and I am opting to do the BritMums Alternate Prompt, which is -

Alternate Prompt: What changes would you make in your personal life that would make life easier/better/more joyful?

To be totally honest and Frank, many changes are needed and would really help with making my life easier, better, and far more joyful than it is at present!

I struggle greatly at times as a single Mum to 4 young children, the area I fail most in is my home.
Life would be so much simpler and easier if only I could adapt to life with routine as when I was a Nanny, but the problem is I am hopeless as a Mum.
By the time I have the children in bed, I just sit and flake, so much could be done, but I am too exhausted and get behind on everything, it all went downhill after the birth of my 3rd child and even more so with the birth of my 4th Edward in January this year.

If I could choose, I wouldn't be doing this journey alone as a parent, it would be so much easier to have someone to share the load, the good with the bad days.


I would choose to have a cleaner a couple of times a week to help me keep up to date with just the simple things in life! (that's a bit of a dream for me hee hee)

I would Move to a new home, currently my four children and I live in a 2 bed flat and its just not big enough, we are lucky to have a roof over our heads and have a warm home, but alas I am so longing for the day we have more room, where the children can have their own space and where I too can have a little corner just for me.
We hopefully will be moving within the year.

Life with children is never ending chores at times, but if I could I would have a machine that we could put all our dirty laundry into and then at the press of a button, it comes out clean, ironed and folded just ready to put away, well OK who doesn't have that dream then!

So we are asked what changes would you make in your personal life that would make life easier/better/more joyful, so in answer I need to say the most important change for me would be routine, a timetable to follow and lists!

I would love to become as a mother similar to how I was as a Nanny previously, routine, routine, routine!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sadie,

    I'm not a single mother of 4 (I find married with 2 hard enough sometimes) but I will freely confess that having a cleaner was no.1 on my list of priorities. One of the first reasons I started working from home was to afford a cleaner to do 2-3 hours per week for me.

    Round here cleaners are about £8/hour so i set myself the task of earning £25/week or £100/month just to pay for that.

    It made an enormous difference to my life having someone else do the tasks I loathed while I did something challenging and interesting for one day per week.

    If you want it, I would say go for it - best thing I ever did....and it led to so much more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you can do it, you just need to get your nanny hat on although I'm sure you are a good mum too. It must be hard raising your 4 children yourself, I find it hard sometimes with 2 and a husband to help out. If you know what you want then there's nothing stopping you going out and getting it. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well give youyrself a new start when you move, new house, new routine....and good luck with it.....and sometimes having a man is just like adding an extra kid so sometimes its easier to be easier

    ReplyDelete